+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Selling sap

Default Selling sap

Should you expect to get paid for sap when you drop it off or after the buyer sells syrup at the end of the season?

thanks

UVM Proctor Maple Research Center, Underhill Ctr, VT

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Should you expect to get paid for sap when you drop it off or after the buyer sells syrup at the end of the season?
    That is entirely dependant upon the agreement reached between the buyer and the seller. In general however, the buyer won't get paid for the syrup until they actually sell it, so they may wish to defer payment until they have the proceeds in hand.
    Dr. Tim Perkins
    UVM Proctor Maple Research Ctr
    http://www.uvm.edu/~pmrc
    https://mapleresearch.org
    Timothy.Perkins@uvm.edu

I have never bought sap. I have always boiled it for a third. I am sure the sap is based on sugar content , it has to, but what does sap sell for? the low end and the high end?

lpakiz Guest

Last year I got 14 cents per gallon per point of sugar. I delivered to the guys sugar shack about a mile from our woods.

I buy sap based on the maple digest suggested prices. Last 2 years has been the same. 2% sap was .325 per gallon, 2.5% was .45 per gallon and 3% was .575 per gallon. I paid this delivered and I paid when I sold my bulk at seasons end. Those wanting cash were paid 2% less and if I picked up the sap, there was a mileage and stop charge. I stipulate that sap is to be delivered fresh and I will deduct .05 per gallon for cloudy or off color sap.

+ Reply to Thread